Skip to main content

Learning Styles

Hey Everyone, I decided to do a Prezi for this blog. Hope you guys enjoy!



https://prezi.com/view/uG4nlISzMqgyin4o8Vpy/

Comments

  1. I liked your prezi, it was nice to look a something different. I agree with you, I think if teachers find it works in their classroom with their students than they should totally incorporate learning styles into their lessons. Just because something is not researched proven does not mean it does not work for some students, and for me even if it just helps one student learn better than it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle, We see differently on the first question in regards to the assessment of learning styles. I think that we each are able to learn and understand in a variety of different ways, I just imagine a room full of kids that have been labelled as visual learners and having no communication going on and everything is done with pictures...I don't really thing that will be beneficial. I know that that is taking the term to the extreme but that is what I picture in my head. The same goes for students that are classified with hearing, only talking would be in that class, no pictures just continuous talking and listening.
    We do agree on the disservice by using research or lack of research in the classroom, I believe that research is important but not the be all of the classroom environment. You mention homework, and I have see research for it and against it, I like when my children don't have homework, but then it also makes me wonder what they did all day, especially if they cannot tell me. My daughter had a 3rd grade teacher that didn't do spelling words and test, that was my favorite. They had another activity that took place for the week called word boggle, the students loved it and learned more words then they would have if they had spelling words every week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your presentation. It was very creative, and I appreciate that you incorporated more learning styles than we normally hear about. I never thought about children learning musically, but it does make sense. I have boys that can rap about anything. If it helps them learn, I say go for it. I also remember teaching preschool and the children loved when we sang songs together. It was a way of drawing them in and getting their attention.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Module Eleven

Pentomino Activities Before going on the website to do this activities I thought they were going to be super easy. Boy was I wrong. It took me multiple tries to figure out 1 way to get them to work on the easy level. I tried multiple times for a good 10 minutes on the medium level. I even asked my boyfriend to come try and he also had a hard time and ending up giving up after a couple tries. This made me feel a little better about not being able to figure it out. haha One thing I did notice doing this activity was that if i was able to use certain pentominos more then once it would be a lot easier to do. But that isn't the case. I tried the hard one once just to see what it looked like and as you can guess I was unable to figure it out. I became very frustrated with the petomino spatial activities as I tried several times and just couldn't figure it out. I feel like if it is hard for me how can I expect my elementary students to be able to do it. If I had them do activities ...

Module Seven

Textbook Reading What are the advantages of having students conduct experiments even before they attempt to figure out a theoretical probability? The advantages of having students conduct experiments before they attempt to figure out theoretical probability is they are able to make their own predictions. They then use their predictions to try and make connections about what might happen. Go to the Illuminations website and explore one of the virtual experiments. List the title and describe the experiment that you explored and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of virtual experiments. (http://illuminations.nctm.org/ and use the search site: probability and check interactives)  The title of the virtual experiment I explored was Adjustable Spinner. The virtual spinner was actually really cool. It allowed you to pick how big you wanted each part of the spinner. You got to choose how many times you spun the spinner. Each time you spun the spinner it changed both th...

EDN 325 Introduction

Hey Everyone, I have decided to continue using the blog that I started last semester as I found it quite easy to use.  I am orginally from a very small town in Ohio about an hour east of Cleveland. I moved to the Carolina's in 2015 to attend UNCW and be closer to my older sister and her family. I now live in Sneads Ferry with my mom and boyfriend.  I have an older sister, who has 2 boys and 1 girl, who I spend a lot of my time with. I also have a younger sister and a younger brother who live in Ohio with my dad and Stepmom. I dont have much free time as I work as an office assistant and nanny for a family who owns a masonry company. But in my free time I like to relax and watch netflix, workout (mostly crossfit style workouts) shop and I would love to be able to go explore more of the world. Being from around Cleveland I am a huge Indians and Cavaliers fan, I try to be a Browns fan but that's hard. haha  My sister, My mom, Me and My niece Allie on Thanksg...